Thursday, September 28, 2006

MY ORIGINAL

As a 6 year-old, this was my very 1st, a body hearing aid. Originally, it was attached to my shirt pocket, and
quite often smashed to the ground. Notice all the scratches? Eventually, someone invented a strap and brace, worn around the chest, to hold the aid in place. Still, gravity won out, so my Mom sewed the tight top end of a sock to the brace; problem solved. This thing lasted 11 years until I was 17. Plain and simple, I hated it! It didn't look too cool attached to a mop-head teenager. I often ditched it after leaving the house. School was different tho. Teachers would check to see if I was tuned in. Today it sits on my fireplace mantle, still in working condition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMg I still have mine just like yours... awesome posts smile

S. Ontario,Canada